40 Days for Life
This important campaign will begin on Wednesday September 28th and continue through Sunday, November 6th. “40 Days for Life” is an international, community-based campaign that draws attention to the evil of abortion through the use of a three-point program: Prayer and Fasting – Constant Vigil – Community Outreach. We have the opportunity to participate at three local locations:
- Center City Philadelphia – Philadelphia Planned Parenthood (12th and Locust Streets). Free parking is available at St. Peter Claver Parish (12th and Lombard Streets). Vigil hours: Monday – Saturday from 8am to 5pm . Please contact Mary Schott (215-635-3172) or Monique Rubero (469-231-9083 — email@example.com) for additional information and to sign up.
- Northeast Philadelphia – Northeast Medical Center (2751 Comly Road) Vigil hours: Monday – Saturday from 7am to 3pm. Please contact Patricia McNamara (610-457-9908) for additional information and to sign up.
- Warminster – Planned Parenthood (619 Louis Drive – just off Street Road). Please contact Elise Cowley (215-589-5422 — firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional information and to sign up. There will also be an opening Mass on September 27th, 7pm Nativity of Our Lord Church, 605 Street Road.
Forty Days for Life United Bus Tour
FORTY DAYS FOR LIFE UNITED will be visiting our area on Tuesday, October 4th. The National representatives David Bereit and Steven Karlen will be DRIVING A HUGE TOUR BUS TO 50 STATES IN 4O DAYS visiting vigil sites and holding rallies! They will be speaking along with other local pro-life leaders from groups such as Silent no More, Susan B Anthony etc. There will be media present at this event which we hope will help others join our campaign and continue the prayer and witness!
- Warminster – Planned Parenthood (619 Louis Drive) afternoon rally – 3:15-4:15 PM
- Center City Philadelphia – Philadelphia Planned Parenthood (12th and Locust Streets) – evening rally 7-8 PM
Respect Life Sunday
Sunday, October 2nd, is Respect Life Sunday. Members of Saint Joseph’s Respect Life Committee will distribute Pro-Life Union newsletters, lapel roses and bumper stickers and will take up a collection after Mass for the benefit of the Pro-Life Union. Please be generous; their work is of the utmost importance for our society.
The Life Chain will form across from Abington Memorial Hospital on Respect Life Sunday, Sunday October 2nd. Please join this Chain as we pray for all life. Please meet at the northeast corner of Horace and Old York Roads (across the street from Abington Hospital) at 1:45 PM. The chain begins at 2 PM and lasts approximately one hour – rain or shine. If you have any questions, please call Mary Schott (215-623-3172).
Baby Bottles for Life
Baby Bottles for Life will be available in the back of church throughout October .- Please take one home, fill it with your loose change and return the filled bottle on Sunday, November 6th. Your donation will allow the Pro-Life Union to continue working to build a Culture of Life and offering women alternatives to abortion. Please be generous.