Archbishop Pérez has announced that parishes of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia will be able to resume public Masses this weekend, June 6 and 7, 2020. We look forward to welcoming you back! Let us keep our eyes fixed on Jesus as we make our way back to the in person celebration of the Mass.
While our county remains in the Yellow Phase of statewide reopening, all of us need to do our part to make sure that our return to Mass is a peaceful and safe experience for all. Please take the time to read the instructions below. We ask everyone to follow these guidelines when attending Mass during this period. We know that there is a lot listed here, but please read carefully.
- The obligation to attend Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation continues to be lifted during the Yellow Phase. You are not required to attend Mass at this time.
- Please stay home if you are sick.
- Please stay home if you are at higher risk of severe illness with COVID19. If you are uncertain about your risk status, please consult your doctor and also the CDC Guidelines at this link.
- Mass will continue to be available via live-stream.
- Before coming to Church, please wash your hands for 20 seconds using soap and water.
- Before entering the Church, please put on a face mask or cloth covering. Exceptions to this are “children younger than 2 years old, anyone who has trouble breathing or is unconscious, and anyone who is incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the cloth face covering without assistance” (CDC Guidelines).
- You are welcome to bring your own missal/readings with you – even electronic versions. Please do not leave any items in the pews after Mass..
- When taking your seat, please honor all posted signs about where you may sit. We have every other pew blocked off in order to promote social distancing.
- Members of the same household may sit together as normal. Please place 6 feet between your household and members of a different household.
- For the time being, we will not have the public recitation of devotions prior to Mass. You are encouraged to pray privately prior to Mass.
- There will be limited singing during Mass during the Yellow Phase. Hymnals should not be used.
- There will be no Sign of Peace during Mass during the Yellow Phase.
- The Precious Blood will not be distributed during Mass during the Yellow Phase.
- There should be no holding of hands during the Our Father.
- Please maintain social distancing in the Communion line. Please keep several pews between yourself and the person in front of you while in line and when returning to your pew.
- Please remove your mask before receiving Holy Communion.
- At the conclusion of Mass, please exit the Church and proceed directly to your car. Please do not congregate for any reason.
- Please take a parish bulletin home with you. They will be available on tables as you exit the building. They will not be distributed by ushers and they should not be brought into the Church.
- Please leave your mask on until you exit the Church.
The Archdiocese, working with Ascension Press, has produced a video for the faithful to give an overview of the guidelines for returning to the in person celebration of the Mass. Please share this video as widely as possible so that everyone knows what to do when returning to Holy Mass. The video is available in: