BLESSED PALM AVAILABLE AT ST. JOE’S
Blessed palm will be available at St. Joseph Church this Sunday, Palm Sunday, April 5 from 10am until noon in the gym.
Thanks to our faithful parish bulletin publisher, John Patrick Publishing Company, we are still publishing a weekly online version of our parish bulletin. Looks just like the paper copy that you know and love! You can access it here or by clicking the Bulletin+ logo on the right hand side of this webpage.
FINANCIAL STEWARDSHIP OF YOUR PARISH
A message from Father Harrison:
“Needless to say, the parish will be facing financial setbacks in the days ahead. Your weekly contributions are essential for the good of the parish. Your sacrificial giving is of great importance with meeting the costs of many parish programs, employee salaries and benefits, utilities, etc.
“I ask your help in this difficult time to mail in or drop off your weekly offering envelope at the parish office. You may use online banking as an option too. Please prayerfully consider increasing your offering as it may take some time to recoup when the crisis is over.
“From my heart, thank you for everything you do for us at St. Joseph Parish. May Mary, our Lady of Good Health, watch over you and your loved ones.”
ARCHBISHOP PEREZ’S VIRTUAL LENTEN RETREAT
The Archbishop’s Virtual Lenten Retreat continues until Palm Sunday. The 15-minute videos are released daily at 7pm here. You can also view recordings of the videos from the previous days.
LIVE-STREAM OF HOLY WEEK AND EASTER SERVICES FROM THE CATHEDRAL
The Archdiocese has cancelled all public Holy Week and Easter services throughout the parishes. The Archdiocese will have all the private services from the Cathedral live-streamed for all the faithful to participate online at archphila.org. Archbishop Perez will be the celebrant of each service. Click here for the schedule.
ROSARY CAMPAIGN FOR AN END TO THE CORONAVIRUS
The live-streamed campaign will continue nightly at 8pm until we don’t need to pray it anymore! Details for joining the Campaign online or by phone can be found here.
DIVINE MERCY NOVENA
“By this Novena, I will grant every possible grace to souls.” ~Jesus to St. Faustina
Join the priests and seminarians of St. Charles Borromeo Seminary online, by phone or in spirit for one of the most powerful novenas in the Church, the Divine Mercy Novena. Along with the specific intentions of each day, we will also ask for the grace of an end to the coronavirus pandemic.
Schedule: Good Friday, April 10 at 2pm;
Holy Saturday, April 11 through Divine Mercy Sunday, April 19 at 3:30pm.
For log-in information, the prayers of the Chaplet of Divine Mercy and the promises attached to it, click here.
MIRACULOUS MEDAL NOVENA ONLINE
The Vincentians at the Miraculous Medal Shrine in Germantown continue to offer the Miraculous Medal Novena online each Monday at 9am at their website and Facebook page.
SEAL THE DOORPOSTS WITH THE DIVINE MERCY IMAGE
In this time of calamity, the Marian Fathers invite you to participate in a simple but incredibly powerful act of faith. To protect you and your family, we urge you to post an Image of Divine Mercy on your front doors. To learn more about this movement, click here. To download and print an Image of Divine Mercy for your door, click here.
CATHOLIC CALL TO PRAYER
The Catholic Call to Prayer was started a few years ago by several parishes in the Archdiocese. It continues to be a great resource to allow you to make a phone call and be guided in prayer. In addition to the 6:30am call Monday to Friday, they will be hosting a Call at Noon EVERY day of the week! The calls are 5 to 7 minutes long but assist you in opening up to the grace of God. They pray the Angelus, Psalm 91 and then Intercessory Prayer. Please call TOLL FREE 1 (877) 309-2073 and use Access Code 319-414-445#. Please share this number widely as the Daily Call can be a tremendous vehicle of grace for many people, including those unable to attend Mass at this time.
NOURISH FOR CAREGIVERS “HOUSE CALLS” – offered daily at 11am
During these uncertain times, Nourish For Caregivers will continue to foster community for caregivers in the privacy and safety of your own home through Nourish “House Calls”. Our mission is to bring hope and encouragement to those who feel hopeless and helpless in the face of this viral epidemic. Caregivers may participate via landline, cell phone, or through the use of a computer/tablet device. We hope you will join us as well as share this information with other caregivers who may benefit from these shared experiences. Each call will last approximately one hour depending upon the number of participants. Landline/Cell Phone (not toll free): (312) 626 6799 and enter Meeting ID: 940 374 7100 or Computer/Tablet one touch link: Click here to join by video.
DISCUSSION GROUPS WITH YOU ARE MADE NEW MINISTRIES
You Are Made New Ministry is now offering a daily Divine Mercy Chaplet at 3pm along with a weekly women’s support group and a discussion group for men and women. View the schedule and log-in information here.
MORNING PRAYER WITH FR. MATT GUCKIN – DAILY AT 7AM
Join Fr. Matt Guckin from St. Francis de Sales parish in West Philadelphia for live-streamed Morning Prayer each morning at 7am. Two ways to join in: via their parish website or via Facebook Live.
GET FREE ACCESS TO CATHOLIC VIDEOS, BOOKS, MOVIES AND MORE
Content is available in English and Spanish for adults and children. Access FORMED for free. If you do not already have a FREE account, here is how to get one:
1. Visit https://formed.org/signup
2. Type “Presentation Blessed Virgin Mary” in the search box and click on the listing that has “100 Old Soldiers Rd, Cheltenham PA”
3. Enter your info and click SignUp
MORE SPIRITUAL RESOURCES
Many more resources can be found on the Archdiocese of Philadelphia’s Spiritual Resource webpage.
PASTORAL AND TEMPORAL RESPONSE OF THE ARCHDIOCESE OF PHILADELPHIA TO THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
Visit the Archdiocese’s Covid-19 webpage for a variety of resources.
OTHER WAYS YOU CAN HELP
- As a result of COVID-19, Catholic Social Services food pantries are experiencing a shortage of food and personal items due to their increase in client volume, with some pantries seeing a 100% increase. It’s become nearly impossible for them to accommodate each individual and family that visits them. Please consider a donation to the Catholic Foundation of Greater Philadelphia’s Emergency Relief Fund to purchases supplies for the Catholic Social Services food pantries that are trying to feed those impacted by COVID-19. 100% of the Emergency Relief Fund’s proceeds will go directly to the food pantries. Click here to donate.
- The largest food pantry in Montgomery County, Martha’s Choice (run by Catholic Social Services) has seen a 100% increase in client volume. They are in need of strong, healthy volunteers (under age 60) to help those in need during this time. Martha’s Choice has been able to serve people from the parking lot, maintain social distancing/stringent sanitizing and limit the number of people present by adjusting service protocols for the safety of all involved.
Volunteer shifts: Tuesday, 9:30am-1pm; Wednesday, 9am-2pm and 2pm-7pm; Thursday, 9:30-1pm; Friday 9am-2pm.
Job needs: willingness to commit to a weekly shift or more for the next month or so; dedication to maintaining six feet physical distance; flexibility to changing priorities as deliveries arrive and food requests occur; and heavy lifting.
If you are able to help with this, please contact Patrick Walsh at CSS Martha’s Choice Marketplace at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saint John Hospice is a Catholic Social Services shelter for men located in Center City Philadelphia. During the COVID-19 crisis, the volume of those seeking meals and other life-sustaining essentials has doubled and tripled. Your donation will help keep them going in this time. Learn more and donate here.
- Mercy Hospice, also run by Catholic Social Services, is a community grounded in faith and service where single women and mothers with children experiencing homelessness and in recovery can find opportunities for new beginnings. Learn more and donate here.
Our Lady, Help of the Sick, pray for us!
St. Joseph, Protector of the Holy Family, pray for us!